Thursday, December 24, 2009

Not a Creature Was Stirring....


Merry Christmas Eve! We've earned a long winter's nap after the day Chloe and I had. There were a lot of last minute preparations to take care of today. This morning I went back to the Rehab Vet for a session. Since it's been a couple of days since I had my aspirin, they wanted to keep me up to snuff as it were, with the progress I've made. It helped. I've been getting a little stiffer despite keeping up with the exercises. I've really been enjoying the bland diet-the ground turkey mixed with cottage cheese and rice. I haven't thrown up again, thankfully, but I was a little "loose in the caboose last night and this morning. Daddy got some medicine from the Vet this morning to stop the diarrhea and it's working. Chloe, of course had to have some too. She has to do everything I do. The aspirin didn't agree with her either, and she had some loose stool yesterday. But, today she's no longer limping and she's back to normal with her number twos. Believe me, Daddy's very thankful that this all happened in winter. It's a good thing he got a cold from his office Christmas party.

Anyway, tomorrow is the big day...Christmas, and there was a lot left to do. We had to make sure the yard was ready for Santa's arrival. Chloe checked the perimeter to make sure security was intact. There was a car break-in a street over and Chloe wants to be sure nobody can get in to touch Santa's sleigh.


I made sure that the landing area was smooth enough, and that the snow was tasty enough in case the reindeer need a drink. Thankfully Daddy shoveled so if Rudolph or Comet need a nosh, they won't have any trouble getting what's left...er, a nice tasty snack.

Then, we went inside to help Aunt Pat finish the throw she was working on. You know, the one with the dogs on it. Well, Aunt Pat discovered that she'd cut the red fleece for the back crookedly. I'm not too surprised, though. She's always had problems drawing a straight line, even with a ruler. I'm sure it had nothing to do with my laying on the red fleece when she was cutting it. I stabilized it for her...just like Chloe and I did when she needed to find a way to patch the uneven part.

Patching the area didn't work, so Aunt Pat just made the throw a little shorter than she had intended.

You can see why Daddy and Aunt Pat liked the fabric. I think there's a strong resemblance.

Chloe thinks she's much cuter than the dog on the throw. We all think she's right, of course, but a dog-sized Santa hat would be a great finishing touch. Aunt Pat has a lot of the red fleece fabric left over, so we'll see what happens. I know she almost bought Chloe a set of antlers at the pet store, but she didn't think they were the right size.

No comments: