Thursday, December 17, 2009

We're All Getting Ready For the Holidays

Daddy and Aunt Pat aren't the only ones around here getting ready for Christmas and New Years. Chloe and I have things to do, too. For example, we helped Aunt Pat bake and clean up the floor. It was a little frustrating for us to hear "These are people cookies, not dog cookies" from Aunt Pat. We only wanted to get a closer look. But, I admit, a little sample for quality control purposes would've been nice, too. Cookie is one of my favorite words. I saw a recipe for dog treats sitting on her printer, so I wonder if she'll bake for us? It's a well known fact that calories don't count around the holidays.

Today, Daddy and Aunt Pat dropped us off at the Groomer. Chloe was very excited to see everybody and couldn't wait to start talking once she got taken to the back where the magic happens. I had to sniff everything, and said hello to the shop dog, a very nice gentleman. Chloe really needed a trim, as you can see by her before photo.

This is Chloe afterwards.

I'm sure she lost a pound or two just from the hair that was clipped. She was so happy with her new look she ran back and forth at the back and side of the yard to show off. Too bad the G's weren't outside, and neither was the neighbor's male boxer, Zeke.
My before and after shots aren't as dramatic. I got a snazzy bandanna with Santa Clauses on it.

I'm so glad. This bandanna shows how much I believe in Santa, so I know he'll leave me...er, us, some nice toys under the tree. I've been a good girl this year. Okay, so I rolled around in the snow once we got home, but I didn't do it because I didn't like my haircut.
It snowed last night, and even though Daddy shoveled, I had to make my snow angels. Plus, my snow angels cleared a little more snow out of the way so Santa's reindeer will have a clear spot to land. I know, Santa usually lands on the roof, but not at our house. The roof isn't in the best shape and I don't know if it will be replaced before Christmas. I wouldn't want Santa getting hurt if slipped or fell on some bad shingles. We have a gas fireplace so he can't slide down the chimney. He'll have to come through the door. The back door has a direct line to the tree, so he'll be in and out quickly. With our super-sensitive hearing, he'll have to move fast so Chloe won't jump all over him and get his nice suit dirty.

No comments: