Monday, December 21, 2009

The Thanks I Get...

I was only trying to help Aunt Pat make a fleece Christmas throw. Christmas is only a few days away and I know Aunt Pat wants to get this done. Instead of being thanked, Chloe and I get taken to the Vet and I get sent to bed with just some rice and turkey. Despite what the humans said, my episode of vomiting this morning had nothing to do with it. Granted, I threw up in the Vet's office too, right in front of the Vet, but it was just one piece of grass and a little phlegm. He says I have gastritis, which is a pretty common problem and may be from grass eating or from the aspirin I'm taking for my arthritis. So, I have to cut out the aspirin for a few days, increase my Pepcid, and eat a bland diet.

Chloe came along because she's been limping a little this weekend, favoring her left foreleg. Daddy says it's because Chloe thinks she can fly! She likes to jump off the table in the living room once she's done barking at something or somebody outside. Sounds like she's imitating our friend and neighbor Tony, who did that earlier this summer. It seems to only bother her after she's been napping for a while, or when she's been running around the yard. She may have strained or pulled something when she jumped off the table...or the sofa...or the bed. I think she loves the feeling of the wind on her face. So, for the next few days, she'll be getting aspirin.


Hopefully, Aunt Pat will have the throw done tomorrow so Chloe and I can try it out. It has dogs on the other side. Many of them have Santa hats on, and a couple of them look like Chloe and I. The lab is a yellow lab, not chocolate like me, but that's okay. I realize how difficult it is to reproduce cuteness like ours on fabric. Fabric just doesn't capture the "it" factor we have. We're better with photos. The Vet's office has snowflakes hanging on their walls with photos of their patients in the middle of each snowflake. It was nice to see Chloe, Katie and my photos up with the other dogs and cats. We're some of the cutest on the wall, and I'm not being conceited. Heck, while we were waiting to see the Vet, this woman who was there with her daughter and one of their cats commented on how cute we were.

No comments: