Monday, December 22, 2008

All Pretty for Christmas!!



Katie and Chloe went to the Groomer today! These photos were taken last night, and you can see, they really needed to go. Katie's hair was getting into her eyes, and Chloe was getting very shaggy. I, of course, being a low maintenance girl, preen myself every day, and give myself a pedicure whenever I feel I need it. I've had more leisure time the past few days. Aunt Pat's baking is all done so I don't have to help in the kitchen until dinner time.

We've spent a lot more time inside the past few days. Friday we had a bad snowstorm and it's been cold and snowy ever since.

The humans aren't happy with my beauty efforts, though. Daddy says I need to have my nails done, especially after my "please keep rubbing my tummy" paw left a large scratch on Aunt Pat's shin.

The girls had such a nice visit at the Groomers, they couldn't wait to get in the house and tell Aunt Pat and me all about it.

I leaned in close to Katie in case she had something she didn't want the humans to hear. She smelled really good, too, which was nice. I know that there are times I don't smell too good, especially if I've eaten rather fast...if you know what I mean.

Aunt Pat took us outside once the girls got home. They had fun running around the back yarn. Chloe stood by the back fence and looked for Mrs. G. She usually comes out after someones been to the groomer to tell us how pretty we look.

Unfortunately, she wasn't there. There's a lot of snow in our back yards, and hers isn't shoveled out like ours is. Katie and Chloe are both shorter than the amount of snow we got. You can see in some of the photos how tall the snow is in comparison to how tall Katie and Chloe are. Daddy and Aunt Pat have been very busy making sure we have room to run around in and a place to go...if you know what I mean.

Katie doesn't like the snow and comes inside very shortly after taking care of business. There are times when she doesn't want to go outside, and she takes care of business on the pee pads the humans leave out for that purpose. She's so considerate, she yips and barks to alert the humans when a pad needs to be changed.

Chloe loves the snow. She likes to run at full speed around the paths and will occasionally blaze a trail of her own like she did Friday night. The other day, Aunt Pat watched Chloe dig up a biskee
she'd buried in one of the snowdrifts and eat it! I knew Katie and I smelled something yummy, but neither of us could find it. When one of us got close, Chloe went back and retrieved her snack. She's a very clever girl.

No comments: