Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's New Year's Eve..


and we're keeping our celebration low key. We're not wild animals, you know. We're domesticated, which means we like to lay around the house either on the furniture, the dog beds or the floor; take frequent naps; eat; snack; and have the occasional tummy rub or behind the ear scratch. At the stroke of midnight, we'll probably be asleep, just like Daddy and Aunt Pat.

We do like to play. I know people play something called party games, like Pin the Tail on the Donkey, Musical Chairs, Truth or Dare, and The Name Game. The first one sounds a little painful for the donkey...ooh, I guess you don't use a real donkey, that's a relief! Aunt Pat tells me that you have to be very careful what names to use with The Name Game. Chuck and Art aren't ones you want to include.

We play with our toys. Chloe likes to see what I'm playing with, then take the toy when I'm not looking or I'm done with it. She also likes to play tug-of-war. I prefer fetch, and I'm starting to play catch with Aunt Pat. I don't think regular party games would apply if we had the neighbor dogs over. I know we'd let them play with our toys, but there's a limit to what we can do. Fetch with five or six of us going after the same ball could get a little dangerous for the smaller dogs. I suppose we could play "Find the Biskee"- I'd win that one hands, err, paws down. I'm sure we'd have fun just running around the yard with each other.

Yes, I know this picture is a little older, but it proves the point about our playing in the yard. To celebrate the start of 2009, tomorrow we'll post more of our favorite photos from the past year.
Some you may have seen before, but some not. Whatever you do to celebrate tonight, don't drink and drive.

No comments: