Thursday, November 20, 2008

Our Vet Appointment


It was supposed to be just Katie's appointment, but I ended up going too! Daddy heard me chewing my nails so he called the Vet's office to have them trim mine. Plus, I heard him tell Aunt Pat that he thought Katie might not get as upset as she usually does if I went with her. Well, she was a lot calmer and didn't cry at all. We both were very good while we were waiting. I was so relieved to be finished, well, I um, relieved myself on their front yard. I did a number two in their yard last time, so I guess I'm consistent. Anyway, the doctor said we both were in good health. Katie watched very carefully while I had my nails trimmed and I made sure Katie got her Kennel Cough vaccine without any trouble.


Chloe stayed home with Aunt Pat to keep her company. Chloe really wanted to come with us, but when Aunt Pat picked her up for a cuddle and took her into the living room, Chloe realized how much Aunt Pat wanted her to stay home. Chloe kept watch for a while, and then she snuggled with Aunt Pat on the sofa.

Now that the snow is here, Daddy and Aunt Pat got worried that we might slip or lose our footing when we go outside. It can get icy on the concrete steps, so they bought some non-skid mats and a stair tread to put down. It's worked so far, and it's cutting down on the amount of leaves and dirt we track in also.

I still love to roll in the snow, as well as eat it. Some humans like to chew ice or suck on ice cubes, so I don't see a problem with chewing snow. It's not like I can open the freezer door and get the cubes out of a tray. Plus, the biskee cupboard is right next to the fridge, so whenever I sit there and bark, the humans think I want a biskee. I usually do, and lets face it, I'll never say no to a biskee. So, I'm stuck with the yard. I'm very careful. I only eat snow that's clean, and some that's melting. Plus, if there's a little on the grass that I eat, I won't spit it out. The only problem is a little drip I get on the side of my mouth. It doesn't look nice, but I get rid of it quickly.

No comments: