Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Stick!


The stick has been added to the Strong National Museum of Play National Toy Hall of Fame!
We always knew how much fun it is to play with a stick. If a stick looks sturdy enough, I'll play with it. When I see Aunt Pat picking them up in the back yard, I go inspect them. If I like it enough, I'll take it from her, or she may even throw it! Chloe's learning what to do with them. So far, she's played mainly with crab apples when we're outside, and with our toys when we're inside.

Poor Aunt Pat can't lay down, because if Chloe wants to play, she'll jump on the sofa and walk across her body and start kissing her face to the point where Aunt Pat can't breathe! So, Aunt Pat will sit up. Then, Chloe will either lay down on the sofa for a tummy rub, or jump off the sofa for play time. They'll play for a little while, then Chloe will go on the dog bed and play with her toy, or run over to me to see what I'm playing with. I'll usually get off the sofa or the floor, and go over to Aunt Pat to either ask for a snack ( all this play gets a girl hungry, you know), or to get a nice tummy rub myself.

If we get a little too rowdy, Katie will give us a good talking to...or barking at. She tries to stay out of the way as much as she can, but sometimes she gets into the action a little.

Tomorrow's a big day for Chloe. She gets to go to the Groomer! She's getting pretty fluffy, and her nails are getting long. I can't wait to see how nice she'll look when she gets home.

No comments: