Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's Election Day!


So get out and exercise your right to vote! The weather's absolutely beautiful, so there's no excuse to not go. We can't vote, because dogs can't vote. We have, however, been out to exercise. But that doesn't mean we don't have our choices. In a previous post, I mentioned that Katie growled when Sen. Clinton came on the T.V. I think she'd vote Republican if she could. Last night, Senator McCain was on the Saturday Night Live special. Katie got so excited, she started barking, which got Chloe barking too! It wasn't her "stranger danger" or "rub my tummy" or "pick me up" bark. She sounded genuinely
excited to see him. Either that, or she was very happy SNL was on.

I'm pretty neutral as far as this election is concerned. Yes, I'll bark when I hear the others bark, but I'm letting the girls know I'm interested in their opinions, and on the alert if anything happens...like the humans dropping some food on the floor. I would however, have a serious conversation with Daddy and Aunt Pat if any candidate promised a biskee in every bowl.

Daddy called the Vet this morning. He and Aunt Pat noticed I've been shaking my head again, scratching at my ears and I've been clearing my throat/coughing. I may have a cold or an upper respiratory infection. So, Daddy picked up an antibiotic and some of the ear medicine I was on before. I don't mind the ear ointment. As long as I'm good, Aunt Pat gives me a nice tummy rub and a biskee.

Halloween was pretty quiet. Not many kids came trick or treating. And no, the humans didn't need to rename it Howl-O-Ween. We stayed up in the den with the door closed while Daddy handed out the candy. Katie and I barked a bit when the doorbell rang, or when we could hear kids coming. Chloe, however, really wanted to go downstairs and see the kids in their costumes. She wined a lot, and even Aunt Pat getting on the floor to play with her and pet her didn't calm her down. It was only after Daddy couldn't see any more kids coming around that we got to go downstairs.

No comments: