Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Garden is Coming Along Nicely


And the carrots are delicious! Of course Aunt Pat wanted me to have one. Otherwise, she wouldn't have held it down by her side after she picked it. She didn't say anything when I came over to sniff it, so I very gently took it from her hand and ate it. It's a healthy treat, and I'm trying to lose weight. The doctor at the Vet in Webster said I should lose 5-10 pounds, and I'm very motivated! Healthy snacks are one step in my goal. I've been sniffing around the garden, trying to find the carrots that are ready to be picked. I've tried to pick them, but hadn't quite figured out how to get the whole carrot out of the ground. This evening, Aunt Pat turned around and saw me chewing on some of the carrot greens, but didn't see the actual carrot. She's not sure if I got the whole thing or not. I'm not telling, either. I'm not being snotty, or mean. I don't speak English! If I could speak to Aunt Pat, I think she'd check herself into the hospital, if you know what I mean.

I don't think Chloe approved. She's been laying in the garden, and sniffing around like she's some store security guard. I think she's taking the Homeland Security post a little too seriously.

No comments: